Jacksonville Acupuncture Aficionado
Xiao Lu Luo, A. P., D.O.M, Full Professor
- 1982-1987 Trained in China, Dr Luo received his medical degree majored in Chinese Medicine after five years of advanced studies from the Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- 1987-1990 Dr Luo followed his medical degree with three years of additional training, research and practice and then obtained his Master’s degree in Integrative Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine from the Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. He specialized in the field of Rheumatology.
- 2007-now Practicing Traditional Chinese Acupuncture and herbal medicine at the Family Acupuncture Clinic in Florida.
- 2005-2007 Opened Private Clinic and practiced Acupuncture at the Family Acupuncture Clinic in New Mexico.
2006 – 2007 Clinic Director in both the Santa Fe and Albuquerque campuses of the Southwest Acupuncture College.
- 2001-2007 Full time Professor and Clinic Supervisor in both the Santa Fe and Albuquerque campuses of the Southwest Acupuncture College.
- 2001-2007 Taught master degree programs’ classes like Advanced Needle Techniques, Advanced Clinical Diagnosis, Internal Medicine, Oriental Nutrition, Point Energetics and Chinese Massage etc. during his tenure at the Southwest Acupuncture College.
- 2000-2001 Served as the Professor and Clinic Supervisor at the Florida Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine and taught many different courses including Internal Medicine, Herbal Medicine and Geriatrics etc.
- 1990 – 1996 Served as an Assistant Professor, Attending Physician and Researcher at Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Specialized in rheumatic diseases and cosmetic treatment.
- 1987 -1996 Worked as Chief Physician at the Outpatient Clinic and Inpatient Department at the Tianjin Rheumatism Hospital. He utilized Traditional Chinese & Western medicine to reach best results for his patients
- 1994 – 1998 Member at the National Association of Integrative Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine.
- 1989 – 2000 Served as Member and Secretary of the Academic Committee of Rheumatic Diseases of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine, China.
- 2009 – Now Executive council member of specialty committee of pediatrics of world federation of Chinese medicine societies.
- 2000 Licensed Acupuncture Physician (FL)
- 2002 Licensed Doctor of Oriental Medicine (New Mexico)
- 1999 National Board Certified Acupuncturist (NCCAOM)
- 2001 National Board Certified Herbalist (NCCAOM)
- 1999 Certificate of Clean Needle Technique
- 1993 Certified Research Assistant (China)